Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Rutherford
How popular is the baby name Rutherford in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Rutherford
- How many people with the first name Rutherford have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 660 babies born with the first name Rutherford in the United States. That's more than enough people named Rutherford to occupy the territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australia) with an estimated population of 605 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Rutherford? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1880 when it was given as a first name to 8 new born babies.
- When was Rutherford first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Rutherford is Tuesday, December 7th, 1875.
- What year had the most people named Rutherford born? The highest recorded use of the first name Rutherford was in 1921 with a total of 25 babies.
- Random Rutherford Factoid: According to the 1921 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Rutherford is not a popular baby boy's name in Kentucky. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Kentucky have the same name as you in 1921.
- Weird things about the name Rutherford: Your name in reverse order is Drofrehtur. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Urrhoedrtf. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Rutherford? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 28,079 people with the last name Rutherford.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Rutherford? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 10 of them will have Rutherford as their last name.
Where is the name Rutherford popular?
Popularity of Rutherford as a first name
Common last names for Rutherford
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.53%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||1.16%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.29%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.20%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Rutherford
People with the last name Rutherford are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Rutherford" mean? The list below shows the origins of Rutherford as well as things modernly associated with the name Rutherford such as celebrities named Rutherford.
Origin and Meaning of Rutherford
The name "Rutherford" is of English origin, and it means "From the cattle ford". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- British physicist (born in New Zealand) who discovered the atomic nucleus and proposed a nuclear model of the atom (1871-1937)
- British chemist who isolated nitrogen (1749-1819)
- A unit strength of a radioactive source equal to one million disintegrations per second
After Ernest Rutherford.
- An obsolete unit of radioactivity (symbol: rd), defined as the activity of a quantity of radioactive material in which one million nuclei decay per second.
rutherford was also found in the following language(s): Polish
Other Inspirations for the Name Rutherford
Rutherford B Hayes
Rutherford Gold Foil Experiment
Rutherford County Schools Tn
Notable Persons With the Last Name Rutherford
Margaret Rutherford is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1925 to 1967. Margaret was born in 1892 as Margaret Taylor Rutherford in Balham, London, England.
What does the name Rutherford mean?
Ris for rewards, from your hard work
Uis for unite, you bring people together.
Tis for treasure, of your friendship.
His for honor, your most valuable possession.
Eis for enrich, a quality you share.
Ris for romantic, hopelessly so
Fis for forgiving, of others and your own mistakes
Ois for observant, nothing gets by you!
Ris for relax, you know how!
Dis for discreet, you can keep a secret.