Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Samir
How popular is the baby name Samir in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Samir
- How many people with the first name Samir have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 7,125 babies born with the first name Samir in the United States. That's more than enough people named Samir to occupy the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France) with an estimated population of 6,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Samir? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1953 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Samir first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Samir is Tuesday, August 27th, 1912.
- What year had the most people named Samir born? The highest recorded use of the first name Samir was in 2015 with a total of 330 babies.
- Random Samir Factoid: According to the 1977 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Samir is not a popular baby boy's name in New York. Imagine that, only 13 babies in New York have the same name as you in 1977.
- Weird things about the name Samir: Your name in reverse order is Rimas. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Irasm. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Samir? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 212 people with the last name Samir.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Samir? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Samir as their last name since less than 1 person in 1.4m people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Samir popular?
Popularity of Samir as a first name
Common last names for Samir
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||13.21%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||8.49%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||0.00%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Samir
People with the last name Samir are most frequently White or Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Samir" mean? The list below shows the origins of Samir as well as things modernly associated with the name Samir such as celebrities named Samir.
Origin and Meaning of Samir
The name "Samir" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Companion". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- A male given name of Arabic origin ( Ø³ÙŽÙ…ÙÙŠØ±, "entertaining companion")
Other Inspirations for the Name Samir
What does the name Samir mean?
Sis for serene, your calm time.
Ais for accepting, your forgiving nature.
Mis for munificent, for you are extremely liberal in giving.
Iis for intriguing, arousing the curiosity of others
Ris for romp, you know how to have fun!