Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Shaun
How popular is the baby name Shaun in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born||Ranking|
#52 boy name
#64 boy name
#79 boy name
#86 boy name
#96 boy name
Fun Facts about the name Shaun
- How many people with the first name Shaun have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 71,910 babies born with the first name Shaun in the United States. That's more than enough people named Shaun to occupy the country of Dominica with an estimated population of 71,293 (as of May 14, 2011).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Shaun? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1935 when it was given as a first name to 8 new born babies.
- When was Shaun first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Shaun is Monday, March 26th, 1883.
- What year had the most people named Shaun born? The highest recorded use of the first name Shaun was in 1978 with a total of 6,105 babies. That's a lot of babies named Shaun!
- Random Shaun Factoid: According to the 1970 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Shaun ranks 70th in popularity as a baby boy's name in Utah. Imagine that, 41 babies in Utah have the same name as you in 1970.
- Weird things about the name Shaun: Your name in reverse order is Nuahs. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Aushn. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Shaun popular?
Common last names for Shaun
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Shaun" mean? The list below shows the origins of Shaun as well as things modernly associated with the name Shaun such as celebrities named Shaun.
Origin and Meaning of Shaun
The name "Shaun" is of English origin, and it means "God is gracious". It's a name commonly given to boys.
Respelling of Sean, from Irish SeÃ¡n, the Irish form of John. More at John.
- A male given name
- A female given name
Shaun King is a NFL player. Shaun was born in 1977 in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Other Inspirations for the Name Shaun
Shaun Of The Dead
Shaun The Sheep
Shaun The Sheep Movie
Sis for serene, your calm time.
His for happiness, you always bring.
Ais for aptitudes, your special capabilities shine
Uis for upstanding, the honorable way to be
Nis for natural, the genuine side of you.