Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Sheena
How popular is the baby name Sheena in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born||Ranking|
#80 girl name
#91 girl name
Fun Facts about the name Sheena
- How many people with the first name Sheena have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 22,276 babies born with the first name Sheena in the United States. That's more than enough people named Sheena to occupy the territory of Caribbean Netherlands (the Netherlands) with an estimated population of 21,133 (as of January 1, 2011).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Sheena? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1943 when it was given as a first name to 9 new born babies.
- When was Sheena first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Sheena is Thursday, July 6th, 1911.
- What year had the most people named Sheena born? The highest recorded use of the first name Sheena was in 1984 with a total of 3,597 babies. That's a lot of babies named Sheena!
- Random Sheena Factoid: According to the 1985 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Sheena ranks 87th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Louisiana. Imagine that, 71 babies in Louisiana have the same name as you in 1985.
- Weird things about the name Sheena: Your name in reverse order is Aneehs. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ehsane. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Sheena popular?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Sheena" mean? The list below shows the origins of Sheena as well as things modernly associated with the name Sheena such as celebrities named Sheena.
Origin and Meaning of Sheena
The name "Sheena" is of Scottish origin, and it means "God is Gracious". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic SÃ¬ne and Irish SÃne, Gaelic cognates of Jane.
- A female given name.
Sheena was born in 1982.
Other Inspirations for the Name Sheena
Sheena Chestnut Greitens
Sheena Easton Strut
Sheena Queen Of The Jungle
Sheena Bora Case
Sheena Bora Facebook
Sheena Easton Age
Sis for share, your talents, time, and possessions with others
His for hero, as you appear to many.
Eis for excite, your spirit is catching!
Eis for extra, those little things you do!
Nis for nifty, how neat!
Ais for advantage, for you are blessed with many.