Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
Pronunciation of Sincere
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Sincere, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
How popular is the baby name Sincere in the U.S.?
Click Here to Show Chart Data
||Total Babies Born
Fun Facts about the name Sincere
- How many people with the first name Sincere have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 6,450 babies born with the first name Sincere in the United States. That's more than enough people named Sincere to occupy the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France) with an estimated population of 6,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Sincere? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1976 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Sincere first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Sincere is Wednesday, July 29th, 1874.
- What year had the most people named Sincere born? The highest recorded use of the first name Sincere was in 2014 with a total of 424 babies.
- Random Sincere Factoid: According to the 2012 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Sincere is not a popular baby boy's name in Illinois. Imagine that, only 25 babies in Illinois have the same name as you in 2012.
- Weird things about the name Sincere: Your name in reverse order is Erecnis. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ecienrs. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Sincere? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 309 people with the last name Sincere.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Sincere? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Sincere as their last name since less than 1 person in 1.0m people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Answer a few simple questions to help us improve the information we display about names on the site.
Where is the name Sincere popular?
Popularity of Sincere as a first name
The map shows the relative popularity of the name Sincere as a first name in each of the states.
See other popular names in South Carolina, North Carolina, or Virginia.
Popularity of Sincere as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Sincere as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Wisconsin, Louisiana, or Illinois.
Common last names for Sincere
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Sincere
People with the last name Sincere are most frequently White or African American
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Sincere" mean? The list below shows the origins of Sincere as well as things modernly associated with the name Sincere such as celebrities named Sincere.
Origin and Meaning of Sincere
The name "Sincere" is of American origin, and it means "Honest". It's a name commonly given to boys.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- Pure; unmixed; unadulterated."There is no sincere acid in any animal juice." [Arbuthnot.]"A joy which never was sincere till now." [Dryden.]
- Whole; perfect; unhurt; uninjured.(Obs)"The inviolable body stood sincere." [Dryden.]
- Being in reality what it appears to be; having a character which corresponds with the appearance; not falsely assumed; genuine; true; real; as, a sincere desire for knowledge; a sincere contempt for meanness."A sincere intention of pleasing God in all our actions." [Law.]
- Honest; free from hypocrisy or dissimulation; as, a sincere friend; a sincere person."The more sincere you are, the better it will fare with you at the great day of account." [Waterland.]
synonyms: Honest; unfeigned; unvarnished; real; true; unaffected; inartificial; frank; upright. See Hearty.
Etymology: L. sincerus, of uncertain origin; the first part perhaps akin to sin- in singulisee Single), and the second to cernere to separate (cf. Discern): cf. F. sincère
- Characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions ("an entirely sincere and cruel tyrant")
- Open and genuine; not deceitful ("he was a good man, decent and sincere", "felt sincere regret that they were leaving", and "sincere friendship")
From Middle French sincere, from Latin sincerus (“genuine”), from Proto-Indo-European *sin- + *ḱer- (“grow”), from which also Ceres (“goddess of harvest”) from which English cereal.
Unrelated to sine (“without”) cera (“wax”) (folk etymology); see Wikipedia discussion.
sincere was also found in the following language(s): Esperanto, Italian, Latin, Middle French, and Spanish
Other Inspirations for the Name Sincere
Sincere Touch Massage
What does the name Sincere mean?
Sis for sweet, your pleasing way.
Iis for independent, a balance between being overly reliant and alone
Nis for nice, need I say more?
Cis for change, you are able to adapt.
Eis for easy going, no ruffles here.
Ris for reasonable, your understanding way.
Eis for enamoured, forever will your children be with you
Name poster for Sincere
(click to save the high quality version)
Most Popular Names
Also see our other name lists