in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Sonoma, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Sonoma" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Sonoma such as celebrities named Sonoma.
Origin and Meaning of Sonoma
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Native American, variously thought to mean "valley of the moon", "many moons", or to derive from tso (the earth) and noma (village).
- The place name of a town, county and valley in Northern California.
Fun Facts about the name Sonoma
- How Popular is the name Sonoma? Sonoma is the 27,990th most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Sonoma have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 172 babies born with the first name Sonoma in the United States. That's more than enough people named Sonoma to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Sonoma? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1979 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Sonoma first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Sonoma is Friday, August 10th, 1877.
- What year had the most people named Sonoma born? The highest recorded use of the first name Sonoma was in 2007 with a total of 14 babies.
- Random Sonoma Factoid: According to the 2006 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Sonoma is not a popular baby girl's name in California. Imagine that, only 5 babies in California have the same name as you in 2006.
- Weird things about the name Sonoma: Your name in reverse order is Amonos. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Onoasm. How do you pronounce that?
What Sonoma's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Sonoma mean?
Sis for sweet, your pleasing way.
Ois for outgoing, so sociable are you
Nis for novel, don't get too complicated!
Ois for observant, nothing gets by you!
Mis for mirth, your laughter.
Ais for appreciative, of all you have
Past life for Sonoma born Nov 12, 1960
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Eastern Australia approximately on 1775. Your profession was leader, major, and captain.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. Your main task - to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Name poster for Sonoma
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.