- Your Searches:
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Sylph, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Sylph mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Sylph
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- An imaginary being inhabiting the air; a fairy.
- Fig.: A slender, graceful woman.
- [Zoöl] Any one of several species of very brilliant South American humming birds, having a very long and deeply-forked tail; as, the blue-tailed sylph
Etymology: F. sylphe, m., fr. Gr. � a kind of grub, beetle, or moth; -- so called by Paracelsus.]
- An elemental being believed to inhabit the air
- A slender graceful young woman
Fun Facts about the name Sylph
- How unique is the name Sylph? Out of 5,838,786 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Sylph was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Sylph: Your name in reverse order is Hplys. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Phlys. How do you pronounce that?
What Sylph's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Sylph born Feb 7, 1932
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 1675. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, and bard.
You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy. You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Name poster for Sylph
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).