Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
- Gender: Girl
- Origin: Russian
- Meaning: Palm Tree
- #530 All Time
- Free Horoscope
Pronunciation of Tamara
How popular is the baby name Tamara in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born||Ranking|
#98 girl name
#86 girl name
#80 girl name
#78 girl name
#79 girl name
#80 girl name
#84 girl name
#66 girl name
#63 girl name
#77 girl name
#91 girl name
#93 girl name
Fun Facts about the name Tamara
- How many people with the first name Tamara have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 130,464 babies born with the first name Tamara in the United States. That's more than enough people named Tamara to occupy the country of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines with an estimated population of 109,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Tamara? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1917 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Tamara first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Tamara is Friday, March 27th, 1874.
- What year had the most people named Tamara born? The highest recorded use of the first name Tamara was in 1970 with a total of 4,722 babies. That's a lot of babies named Tamara!
- Random Tamara Factoid: According to the 1968 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Tamara ranks 60th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Arizona. Imagine that, 53 babies in Arizona have the same name as you in 1968.
- Weird things about the name Tamara: Your name in reverse order is Aramat. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Aaarmt. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Tamara popular?
Common last names for Tamara
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Tamara" mean? The list below shows the origins of Tamara as well as things modernly associated with the name Tamara such as celebrities named Tamara.
Origin and Meaning of Tamara
The name "Tamara" is of Russian origin, and it means "Palm Tree". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Of Slavic origin, mainly from Russian Ð¢Ð°Ð¼Ð°ÌÑ€Ð° (TamÃ¡ra), name of a 12th century saint in the Eastern Orthodox Church, cognate with English biblical Tamar, from Hebrew ×ª×ž×¨ (tÄmÄr, â€œdate palmâ€).
- A female given name, regularly used in English since the mid-twentieth century.
Tamara was also found in the following language(s): Czech, Faroese, German, Latvian, Portuguese, Serbo-Croatian, and Slovak
Tamara Dobson is an actress and model with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1969 to 1987. Tamara was born in 1947 as Tamara Janice Dobson in Baltimore, MarylandU.S.
Tamara Mello is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1993 to present. Tamara was born in 1976 as Tamara Beccam Mello in Orange County, California, U.S.
Tamara Braun is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1997 to present. Tamara was born in 1971 in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
Other Inspirations for the Name Tamara
Tis for tender, loving nature.
Ais for accountable, someone to be counted on
Mis for mild, your mild and gentle way.
Ais for agreeable, the best side of you!
Ris for rely, everyone's trustworthy friend.
Ais for adaptable, whenever things change