Etymology: It. & L. See Terrace
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Terra
How popular is the baby name Terra in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Terra
- How many people with the first name Terra have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 14,596 babies born with the first name Terra in the United States. That's more than enough people named Terra to occupy the territory of Wallis and Futuna (France) with an estimated population of 13,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Terra? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1940 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Terra first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Terra is Monday, February 28th, 1876.
- What year had the most people named Terra born? The highest recorded use of the first name Terra was in 1980 with a total of 604 babies.
- Random Terra Factoid: According to the 1978 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Terra is not a popular baby girl's name in Virginia. Imagine that, only 7 babies in Virginia have the same name as you in 1978.
- Weird things about the name Terra: Your name in reverse order is Arret. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Reatr. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Terra? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 1,124 people with the last name Terra.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Terra? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Terra as their last name since less than 1 person in 263k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Terra popular?
Popularity of Terra as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.00%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||1.16%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||10.59%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Terra
People with the last name Terra are most frequently White or Hispanic or Latino
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Terra" mean? The list below shows the origins of Terra as well as things modernly associated with the name Terra such as celebrities named Terra.
Origin and Meaning of Terra
The name "Terra" is of Italian origin, and it means "Earth". It's a name commonly given to girls.
From Latin Terra (“goddess of the earth; the Earth itself”)
- (Roman mythology) The Roman earth goddess, equivalent in the interpretatio graeca to Gaea.
- (astronomy) The planet Earth.
- A female given name.
Terra was also found in the following language(s): Catalan, Galician, Italian, Latin, and Portuguese
Other Inspirations for the Name Terra
Terra Alta Wv
What does the name Terra mean?
Tis for tough, for you are not easily broken
Eis for easy going, no ruffles here.
Ris for resourceful, in any challenge that comes your way
Ris for rely, everyone's trustworthy friend.
Ais for able, for you surely are.