Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Torres
Fun Facts about the name Torres
- How many people with the first name Torres have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 267 babies born with the first name Torres in the United States. That's more than enough people named Torres to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Torres? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1961 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Torres first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Torres is Monday, October 17th, 1881.
- What year had the most people named Torres born? The highest recorded use of the first name Torres was in 1995 with a total of 14 babies.
- Random Torres Factoid: According to the 2015 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Torres is not a popular baby boy's name in California. Imagine that, only 5 babies in California have the same name as you in 2015.
- Weird things about the name Torres: Your name in reverse order is Serrot. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Sterro. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Torres? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 437,813 people with the last name Torres.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Torres? Torres was ranked as the 37th most popular last name but is still less than 0.1% of the population!
Where is the name Torres popular?
Popularity of Torres as a first name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Torres as a first name in each of the states. See other popular names in California.
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||1.43%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.20%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||0.28%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||92.16%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Torres
People with the last name Torres are most frequently Hispanic or Latino
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Torres" mean? The list below shows the origins of Torres as well as things modernly associated with the name Torres such as celebrities named Torres.
- A surname.
Torres was also found in the following language(s): Portuguese and Spanish
Other Inspirations for the Name Torres
Torres Dc 9
Torres Del Paine
Torres Del Paine Hiking
Torres Del Paine National Park
Notable Persons With the Last Name Torres
Galilea Montijo is an actress, comedian, model, and tv presenter with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1993 to present. Galilea was born in 1973 as Martha Galilea Montijo Torres in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Adamari was born in 1971 as Adamari Lopez Torres in Humacao, Puerto Rico.
Diego Torres is an actor, singer, songwriter, and musician with the most prominent portion of his career being from 1988 to present. Diego was born in 1971 as Diego Antonio Caccia Torres.
Luz María Aguilar
Luz María Aguilar is an actress with the most prominent portion of their career being from 1954 to present. Luz was born in 1935 as Luz Maria Aguilar Torres in Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Mexico.
What does the name Torres mean?
Tis for tasteful, the way you communicate.
Ois for ornate, nothing plain here!
Ris for rational, the way you think.
Ris for reasonable, your understanding way.
Eis for enamoured, forever will your children be with you
Sis for secret, that you can certainly keep.