Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Tracey
How popular is the baby name Tracey in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born||Ranking|
#85 girl name
#69 girl name
#78 girl name
#72 girl name
#65 girl name
#55 girl name
#74 girl name
#88 girl name
Fun Facts about the name Tracey
- How many people with the first name Tracey have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 94,956 babies born with the first name Tracey in the United States. That's more than enough people named Tracey to occupy the country of Seychelles with an estimated population of 90,945 (as of August 26, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Tracey? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1915 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Tracey first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Tracey is Friday, July 14th, 1871.
- What year had the most people named Tracey born? The highest recorded use of the first name Tracey was in 1970 with a total of 6,231 babies. That's a lot of babies named Tracey!
- Random Tracey Factoid: According to the 1973 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Tracey ranks 75th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Michigan. Imagine that, 169 babies in Michigan have the same name as you in 1973.
- Weird things about the name Tracey: Your name in reverse order is Yecart. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Yaectr. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Tracey? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 8,152 people with the last name Tracey.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Tracey? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 3 of them will have Tracey as their last name.
Where is the name Tracey popular?
Popularity of Tracey as a first name
Common last names for Tracey
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.72%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||1.58%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||1.62%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.23%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Tracey
People with the last name Tracey are most frequently White
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Tracey" mean? The list below shows the origins of Tracey as well as things modernly associated with the name Tracey such as celebrities named Tracey.
Origin and Meaning of Tracey
The name "Tracey" is of English origin, and it means "From Tracy, France". It's a name commonly given to both boys and girls.
- A surnameâ€‹, a spelling variant of Tracy.
- A female given name, a popular UK spelling variant of Tracy.
- A male given name
Tracey was born in 1967 as Tracey Renee Needham in Dallas, Texas, United States.
Tracey Ross is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1981 to present. Tracey was born in 1959 as Linda Tracey Ross in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Other Inspirations for the Name Tracey
Tracey Cherelle Jones
What does the name Tracey mean?
Tis for teacher, you truly are.
Ris for romp, you know how to have fun!
Ais for attractive, inside and out
Cis for congenial, your pleasing way.
Eis for enamoured, forever will your children be with you
Yis for yearn, your innermost desires.