Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
- Free Horoscope
- Gender: Unknown
- 148th in 2010
Pronunciation of Vargas
Fun Facts about the name Vargas
- When was the first name Vargas first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Vargas is Monday, September 13th, 1920.
- How unique is the name Vargas? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Vargas. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Vargas: Your name in reverse order is Sagrav. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Vsrgaa. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Vargas? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 173,835 people with the last name Vargas.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Vargas? Vargas was ranked as the 148th most popular last name but is still less than 0.1% of the population!
Where is the name Vargas popular?
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.85%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.18%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||0.22%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||92.92%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Vargas
People with the last name Vargas are most frequently Hispanic or Latino
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Vargas" mean? The list below shows the origins of Vargas as well as things modernly associated with the name Vargas such as celebrities named Vargas.
- Brazilian statesman who ruled Brazil as a virtual dictator (1883-1954)
Cognate with dialectal Latvian vārgs (“misery”), Proto-Slavic *vorgъ (Old Church Slavonic врагъ (vragŭ, “foe”)), Old Prussian wargan (“misery, suffering”).
Notable Persons With the Last Name Vargas
Elizabeth Vargas is a television journalist with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1993 to present. Elizabeth was born in 1962 as Elizabeth Anne Vargas in Paterson, New Jersey, United States.
Jacob Vargas is an actor with the most prominent portion of his career being from 1986 to present. Jacob was born in 1971 in Michoacan, Mexico.
What does the name Vargas mean?
Vis for vitality, your lust for living.
Ais for adorable, how precious
Ris for rock star, let it out!
Gis for glitter, the spark that is you.
Ais for activities, for you have many.
Sis for serious, not always joking.
Past life for Vargas born Dec 23, 1953
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Canada approximately on 1200. Your profession was seaman, cook, and carpenter.
Psychologically, you had a Bohemian personality - mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces. The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your problem - to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.