Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Wells
How popular is the baby name Wells in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Wells
- How many people with the first name Wells have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 1,597 babies born with the first name Wells in the United States. That's more than enough people named Wells to occupy the territory of Christmas Island (Australia) with an estimated population of 1,462 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Wells? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1881 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Wells first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Wells is Monday, August 15th, 1870.
- What year had the most people named Wells born? The highest recorded use of the first name Wells was in 2015 with a total of 88 babies.
- Random Wells Factoid: According to the 2015 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Wells is not a popular baby boy's name in South Carolina. Imagine that, only 6 babies in South Carolina have the same name as you in 2015.
- Weird things about the name Wells: Your name in reverse order is Sllew. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Lwesl. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Wells? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 176,230 people with the last name Wells.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Wells? Wells was ranked as the 147th most popular last name but is still less than 0.1% of the population!
Where is the name Wells popular?
Popularity of Wells as a first name
Common last names for Wells
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.49%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.87%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.22%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.41%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Wells
People with the last name Wells are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Wells" mean? The list below shows the origins of Wells as well as things modernly associated with the name Wells such as celebrities named Wells.
Origin and Meaning of Wells
The name "Wells" is of English origin, and it means "From the well". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- Prolific English writer best known for his science-fiction novels; he also wrote on contemporary social problems and wrote popular accounts of history and science (1866-1946)
- plural of well
- The town's water supply consisted of three , but a new one was being dug to meet demand from the new development.
Other Inspirations for the Name Wells
Wells Fargo Advisors
Wells Fargo Careers
Wells Fargo Center
Wells Fargo Credit Card
Wells Fargo Dealer Services
Wells Fargo Mortgage
Wells Fargo Mortgage Rates
Wells Fargo Near Me
Wells Fargo Routing Number
Notable Persons With the Last Name Wells
Orlando was born in 1973 in Tonbridge, Kent, England, United Kingdom.
Audrey Wells is a screenwriter, film director, and producer. Audrey was born in 1960 in San Francisco, California, United States.
What does the name Wells mean?
Wis for wise, more tomorrow that today.
Eis for excellence, your passion, your drive.
Lis for lofty, your ambitions are high!
Lis for laughter, you spread wherever you go.
Sis for strength, there when needed.