Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
Pronunciation of Workman
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Workman, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Fun Facts about the name Workman
- When was the first name Workman first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Workman is Tuesday, October 28th, 1890.
- How unique is the name Workman? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Workman. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Workman: Your name in reverse order is Namkrow. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Wknamor. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Workman? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 31,856 people with the last name Workman.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Workman? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 11 of them will have Workman as their last name.
Answer a few simple questions to help us improve the information we display about names on the site.
Where is the name Workman popular?
Popularity of Workman as a last name
The map shows the relative popularity of the name Workman as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in West Virginia, Utah, or Delaware.
Common first names for Workman
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Workman
People with the last name Workman are most frequently White
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Workman" mean? The list below shows the origins of Workman as well as things modernly associated with the name Workman such as celebrities named Workman.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- A man employed in labor, whether in tillage or manufactures; a worker.
- Hence, especially, a skillful artificer or laborer.
- An employee who performs manual or industrial labor
Notable Persons With the Last Name Workman
Shanelle Workman is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1990 to present. Shanelle was born in 1978 in Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.
Hawksley Workman is a singer-songwriter specializing in cabaret, pop rock, and glam rock music. Hawksley was born in 1975 in Huntsville, Ontario.
What does the name Workman mean?
Wis for willing, to go the extra mile
Ois for original, one of a kind!
Ris for rewards, from your hard work
Kis for keepsake, you treasure your memories.
Mis for mild, your mild and gentle way.
Ais for attractive, inside and out
Nis for notable, distinguished are your feats
Past life for Workman born Aug 22, 1928
What would you ask a Psychic? Get 3 FREE minutes with the most qualified advisors
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Siberia approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, and tailor.
You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy. You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to that life to learn to care about weak and helpless.
Name poster for Workman
(click to save the high quality version)
Most Popular Names
Also see our other name lists