Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Zane
How popular is the baby name Zane in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Zane
- How many people with the first name Zane have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 42,007 babies born with the first name Zane in the United States. That's more than enough people named Zane to occupy the territory of Sint Maarten (the Netherlands) with an estimated population of 37,429 (as of January 1, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Zane? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1914 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Zane first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Zane is Monday, February 23rd, 1880.
- What year had the most people named Zane born? The highest recorded use of the first name Zane was in 2013 with a total of 1,736 babies. That's a lot of babies named Zane!
- Random Zane Factoid: According to the 2002 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Zane ranks 92nd in popularity as a baby boy's name in Oklahoma. Imagine that, 63 babies in Oklahoma have the same name as you in 2002.
- Weird things about the name Zane: Your name in reverse order is Enaz. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Znea. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Zane popular?
Popularity of Zane as a first name
Common last names for Zane
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Zane" mean? The list below shows the origins of Zane as well as things modernly associated with the name Zane such as celebrities named Zane.
Origin and Meaning of Zane
The name "Zane" is of American origin, and it means "God is Gracious". It's a name commonly given to both boys and girls.
The usage seems to date from the American writer Zane Grey (1875-1939), born Pearl Zane Gray. It was the surname of his mother's family, from Ohio, of unknown meaning.
- Zane is sometimes explained as a form of John because of the resemblance to Shane, or because Italian surnames such as Zanelli and Zanetto derive from Giovanni ( =John).
- A male given name.
Zane was also found in the following language(s): Latvian
Lil' Zane is a rapper and actor with the most prominent portion of their career being from 1993 to present. Lil' was born in 1982 as Zane Copeland, Jr. in Yonkers, New York, United States.
Other Inspirations for the Name Zane
Zane And Heath
Zane Kc Undercover
Zis for zany, the funny side of you!
Ais for able, for you surely are.
Nis for nurturing, the care you provide to all
Eis for enamoured, forever will your children be with you