in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Zophia, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Zophia" mean?
Origin and Meaning of Zophia
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Fun Facts about the name Zophia
- How Popular is the name Zophia? Zophia is the 17,972nd most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Zophia have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 400 babies born with the first name Zophia in the United States. That's more than enough people named Zophia to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Zophia? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1999 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Zophia first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Zophia is Thursday, May 5th, 1881.
- What year had the most people named Zophia born? The highest recorded use of the first name Zophia was in 2013 with a total of 48 babies.
- Random Zophia Factoid: According to the 2010 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Zophia is not a popular baby girl's name in Florida. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Florida have the same name as you in 2010.
- Weird things about the name Zophia: Your name in reverse order is Aihpoz. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Hpiaoz. How do you pronounce that?
What Zophia's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Zophia mean?
Zis for zest, your zeal for life.
Ois for outgoing, so sociable are you
Pis for pure, the spiritual side of you.
His for hug, give one today!
Iis for innovator, always improving
Ais for affirm, the certainty of knowledge.
Past life for Zophia born Apr 5, 1932
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Romania approximately on 850. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, and astronomer.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson - to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Name poster for Zophia
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).